Friday, January 04, 2008

Tracy's First Time

When I first learned that Mike was a naturist, I didn't know what to think. I was totally at a loss. I just did not know what to think about being naked outside. After all, all kids are told to keep dressed as they grow up (or so I thought at the time). I started reading up on naturism as the winter months passed and my interest grew. By the time late spring/early summer came, I was ready to give naturism a try. We had plans to spend the weekend in New Jersey and it turned out that Gunnison beach (a widely known nude beach) was nearby. We decided to spend Sunday at the nude beach. Before we went, Mike and I spent a lot of time talking about how comfortable or uncomforable I might be at a nude beach. I have never had a wonderful body image (I think my breasts are too small, my hips are too wide, etc.), and I was unsure how it would feel to show my imperfections to a bunch of strangers. I went with the consolation that everyone new to nude beaches has, if you don't want to get naked, you don't have to.

When Mike and I arrived at Gunnison, the parking lot was nearly full, and it was only 9:00. Wow! We gathered our belongings and made our way to the beach. Signs declaring "You may encounter nudity beyond this point" welcomed us to the beach ahead. We found a spot in the sand and spread our towels out. I must say, I have never seen so many naked people before! There were at least 2,000 people at the beach on the day we went. It was the most incredible experience# There were all of these people in different shapes, sizes, and colors enjoying the beach without the hinderance of clothes. And let me tell you, there were very few people that had a "perfect" body. My negative body image quickly disappeared, and I shocked Mike by having my swimsuit off before he could remove his.

Being nude in the sun is the most relaxing thing I have ever done.It beats reading a good book and working out, probably because you canread and work out (most nude areas seem to be a bit of a hike to get toand walking through sand is more work than you might imagine) while you are outside and naked!

No comments: